On the 22nd September 2020, the MaX (Materials design at the eXascale) European Centre of Excellence held the “New developments in SIESTA for high-performance materials simulation” webinar.
The webinar consisted of a series of short talks by key SIESTA academics, developers, and a support provider. They constitute a nice introduction to SIESTA, from the basics to the cutting-edge development of the software. Please find below copies of the slides and direct links to the recorded presentations:
- Webinar presentation and Introduction to SIESTA [slides, video (19 mins)], by Emilio Artacho (University of Cambridge and Nanogune).
- Electronic-Structure solvers in SIESTA: features and performance [slides, video (16 mins)], by Alberto García (ICMAB-CSIC, Barcelona).
- Overview of the TranSIESTA module for transport simulations [slides, video (16 mins)], by Pablo Ordejón (ICN2, Barcelona).
- Performance optimizations and new functionality in TranSIESTA [slides, video (19 mins)], by Nick Papior (DTU, Denmark).
- User support in the SIESTA ecosystem [slides, video (8 mins)], by Mónica García-Mota (Simune Atomistics SL, San Sebastián).
- Q&A and closing remarks [document, video (12 mins)].